Twitter for your business – Part IV

Tip 4: Be Part of the Community

Do not perceive Twitter as your personal wall. It certainly isn’t one. It can therefore be summed up as a social community with a depth of millions of members and while it does exist as a platform for a virtual, social gathering, it is nonetheless not very tolerant towards users who are relentlessly advertising.

Make it a point to adhere to the 80-20 rule when implementing business ethics in Twitter i.e. do not let your business dictate more than 20% of your Tweets while the other 80% should ideally consist of non promotional and rather personal activity. And if this figure can be further extended to accommodate figures such as 90-10 or in some cases, where the company already accommodates a higher degree of goodwill, a 95-5 would be optimum.

Make it a point to listen as much as you tweet, maybe even more and create an environment of interaction with your followers and who you follow. After all, Twitter is a platform of social conversation straight to the point.

Again, re-tweeting your friend’s plea’s to impart aid (for instance, charity appeals and sponsorship requests) is a wise choice.

 
Comments

No comments yet.

 
Links:nike air max pas chertimberland boots outletmulberry outletmulberry outletnike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max 90 pas cherair max pas chernike air max 1 pas cherair max pas chersoldes nike air maxnike air max 1 pas chernike air max 1 pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike blazer pas chernike blazer pas chernike blazer pas chernike tn pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max 1 pas chercheap timberland boots
WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien