- Total re-design of website structure
- New look interface
- eCommerce website must compliment existing sales channels
- Order management system that would enable staff to quickly process orders and handle customer enquiries
- Create new products on the website
- Provide online self service account creation and management for customers
- Content rich product previews of publications
- Product promotion facility
The Blue Valley website contains a number of eCommerce features:
- Account Builder – Before they can buy items from the site the user must set -up an account. This enables them to save and track their orders incase they wish to browse elsewhere and return to the site. It also allows Blue Valley to administer orders through the web, providing them with detailed transaction, stock and customer information.
- Product Display – The site has an easy to use browser interface allowing users to access an array of catalogue specific information, such as multiple thumbnail pictures and details of product.
- Newsletter – The newsletter allows customers to sign up to on-site. This provides information about forthcoming publications and special offers.
- Branding – Special attention has also been taken to ensure that the ‘look and feel’ of the site is not only evocative of Blue Valley brand image but also appeals to wide customer base.
Since launch in October 2002, the website has doubled the Return On Investment and took its first order within 30 minutes of launch. The site has gained over 1249 registered customers from all over the world and as of 23/08/2005, has attracted over 145,000 visits.